The Casio CTK 2550 Review At A Glance
Ease of Use
Very beginner friendly
Affordable at less than $100!
*Hundreds of voices, rhythms, preset songs
*Sampling function with microphone input
*USB midi capability
*Auto power off function
*Weighs only 8 pounds
We don't like:
*Non-touch sensitive keys
Quick Navigation The Casio CTK 2550 Review At A Glance A Short Introduction An Overview of Casio CTK-2550 Features Advantages of Casio CTK-2550 Disadvantages of Casio CTK-2550 Should you buy the Casio CTK-2550?
A Short Introduction
Casio is among the leading keyboard brands of the world and is popular among expert pianists and beginners. Having produced a number of electronic, digital, and analog devices, Casio is mostly known for its affordable keyboard segment.
The Casio CTK-2550 61 Key-Portable keyboard is apt for beginners and intermediate pianists alike, who wish to explore their musical abilities. It is packed with features and is budget-friendly.
An Overview of Casio CTK-2550 Features
- 61 standard-size keys
- 400 AHL-keyboard voices
- 48 maximum polyphony-notes
- 100 rhythms
- 10 x Reverbs, Dance, Hall music effect
- 50 dance-music patterns
- 50 EDM-styles
- Dance-music mode
- Built-in microphone as well as audio input
- -12 to +12-transpose
- Step-up learning-system
- 2 x 3.9 inches speakers
- LCD display 92mm by 40mm
- USB Midi-capability
- Improved & intuitive sampling-function
- Sustain pedal-input
- 9.5V D.C (AD-E95100L)
- Aux input
- Voice percussion-function
- Height - 3.6 inches
- Depth - 12.1 inches
- Width - 37.2 inches
- Weight - 7.3 lbs.
Advantages of Casio CTK-2550
1) Piano-style appearance and keys **The CTK-2550 is an easy-to-play keyboard. Its appearance resembles an acoustic piano and has responsive, piano-style keys with a 48-note polyphony sound.** 2) 400 voices and tones Its 400 AHL (Acoustic and Highly-compressed Large-waveform) tones range from various keyboard instruments like the organ to string instruments like the guitar and violin and from wind to brass and percussion to synthetic sounds. 3) Generate and remix EDM music With its 50 dance music patterns, 10 reverbs, hall, and dance music effect, and 50 EDM styles, this musical gadget helps to generate music with multiple layers and accompanied effects. 4) User-friendly and easy-to-use Its LCD screen and the control panels are easy-to-use and require no additional guidance. 5) Record and add effects Samples can be recorded using the keyboard's microphone, which can then be edited with added special effects. 6) Learn to play with the step-up lessons This portable keyboard's step-up lessons use the LCD screen to guide beginners on how to play a particular song. 7) Dance Music mode and effects This keyboard's Dance Music Mode helps to easily create and mix electronic dance music. Its 50 EDM styles can be remixed using its many other effects like filter, roll, and flanger. 8) Auto power off feature Its auto power off feature automatically switches off the keyboard after 6 inactive minutes. This is particularly useful if the keyboard is running on the AA batteries. 9) Integrates with Casio's free app Most of all, the CTK-2550 works seamlessly with Casio's Chordana Play app. This free app enhances keyboard-learning. 10) Transfer files using an audio cable Additionally, save the 50 built-in songs from the Chordana Play app as well as those downloaded as MIDI files in the keyboard using an audio cable. The saved songs can be used with the keyboard's accompaniment and step-up lesson features. 11) Enhance learning with a smart device This portable keyboard is capable of taking lessons on a smart device, phone or tablet, using its virtual keyboard. Along with playing the app's 50 built-in songs, it can verify the chords, finger timing, and melody, and can score the song to aid mastering it.
Disadvantages of Casio CTK-2550
1) Lack of touch sensitivity
Unfortunately, this keyboard lacks touch sensitivity like the usual and more pricey digital keyboard piano. A piano is usually counter-weighted, which means that the harder you press on a key, the louder it sounds, which helps in acoustic performances.
The CTK-2550 is merely semi-weighted, and mostly works as a non-weighted, but the high-quality sound system and wide-ranging tones is usually enough for beginners.
Should you buy the Casio CTK-2550?
A definite yes!
If you have never tried a Casio keyboard before, then this particular keyboard model would make an excellent first Casio for you! The price range of Casio CTK-2550 is perfect for a starter keyboard because it is simple yet reliable in its functions.
It is good for a person who wants to focus on listening to songs to follow its rhythms, study instrument tones, and schooling fingers on the keys while listening to the demo.
Thank you for reading this detailed Casio CTK 2550 review. If you would like to know more about this wonderful keyboard, please click on the red button below.
Check out our other Casio keyboard reviews:
Casio WK6600 Review: The Perfect 76-Key Casio Keyboard For Intermediate Piano Players Our Casio LK 280 Review: The Best Casio Portable Beginner Keyboard In 2020 Our Casio LK 175 Review: 8 Compelling Reasons This Is The Beginner Keyboard For You in 2020 Our Detailed Casio CTK 6200 Review: 8 Reasons It's One Of The Best Piano Keyboard For Under $200 Our Casio CTK 3200 Review: 9 Solid Reasons It's A Highly Recommended Beginner Keyboard in 2020 Casio CTK 4400 Review: 8 Reasons Why It's One Of The Best Casio Keyboards For Beginners Casio WK-245 Review: Is This The Best 76-Key Casio Keyboard In 2020?