Buying a drum set for your kids is not an easy task. But with the right information, you can easily pick the best kit for your children. There are numerous things you need to consider. First, you need to choose either an electric drum set or an acoustic one. The two types of drum sets are good for beginners but making the right choice is very important.
Today, the most preferred drum kit is the electric one. Even though it is more expensive than the traditional one, it comes with numerous benefits. Here are some of the benefits of electric drum sets.
Quick Navigation Top Ten Electric-Drum Sets under <$200 for kids 1. First-Act-Discovery Drum-Set & Seat, Pink-Sparkle 2. Mendini – (Cecilio 16 inch 3-Piece Kids-junior-Drum-Set MJDS-3-BL) 3. Sound-Percussion Labs-Lil-Kicker 4. TKO 99TKO99MR 3-Piece Junior-Drum-Set 5. GP Percussion GP55BK 5-Piece-Junior-Drum Set 6. 11pc Kids Boy-Girl Drum-Set Musical-Instrument Toy Playset 7. GP Percussion-GP55BK 5-Piece Junior-Drum-Set 8. Gammon 5-Piece-Junior-Starter-Drum Kit with Cymbals 9. Ludwig-Junior-Outfit Drum Set Wine-Red 10. Mendini by Cecilio 13 Inch 3-Piece Kids/Junior Drum Set
Top Ten Electric-Drum Sets under <$200 for kids #
|Drum Set||What we like?||Where to Buy?|
|Top 1: First-Act-Discovery Drum-Set & Seat, Pink-Sparkle||*Has learning guides for kids Very easy to playHas numerous features to the kids|
|Top 2: Mendini – (Cecilio 16 inch 3-Piece Kids-junior-Drum-Set MJDS-3-BL)||* Affordable * Include sticks and throne* Good for all ages.|
|Top 3: Sound-Percussion Labs-Lil-Kicker||*Good looking to motivate the kids Have hi-hat and the sticksAvailability of replaceable top-bottom heads|
|Top 4: TKO 99TKO99MR 3-Piece Junior-Drum-Set||*Has adjustable sticks Include real wood-shellsThe Cymbal arm is adjustable.|
|Top 5: GP Percussion GP55BK 5-Piece-Junior-Drum Set||*Have tunable drum-heads Big than ordinary set for kidsHave throne and the sticks|
|Top 6: 11pc Kids Boy-Girl Drum-Set Musical-Instrument Toy Playset||*Easy and fun to play Ideal for kidsDurable|
|Top 7: GP Percussion-GP55BK 5-Piece Junior-Drum-Set||*Good for beginners *Has great features|
|Top 8: Gammon 5-Piece-Junior-Starter-Drum Kit with Cymbals||*Durable AffordableAvailable in different colors|
|Top 9: Ludwig-Junior-Outfit Drum Set Wine-Red||*Easy to use *Attractive to motivate beginners, especially kids|
|Top 10: Mendini by Cecilio 13 Inch 3-Piece Kids/Junior Drum Set||*Affordable Comes with Round padded height adjustable drum throneComes with Bass drum pedal and A pair of wooden drum sticks|
Read on for our detailed reviews of the top 10 best Drum sets for Kids!
** 1. First-Act-Discovery Drum-Set & Seat, Pink-Sparkle** #
This drum set is designed for kids. It is very cheap, entertaining and available in pink color.
Has learning guides for kids
Very easy to play
Has numerous features to the kids
To appropriate for older kids
** 2. Mendini – (Cecilio 16 inch 3-Piece Kids-junior-Drum-Set MJDS-3-BL)** #
Since you are not sure whether your kids will continue drumming, buying a budget-friendly kit like this one is a good choice. It is affordable and very simple to play.
Include sticks and throne
Good for all ages.
No room for growth
More like a toy
** 3. Sound-Percussion Labs-Lil-Kicker** #
Another great electric drum set you can buy for your kids is the Sound Percussion Labs-Lil-Kicker. It is good for anyone who is a beginner.
- Good looking to motivate the kids
- Have hi-hat and the sticks
- Availability of replaceable top-bottom heads
- Getting some part replacement might be hard
- No much room to grow
4. TKO 99TKO99MR 3-Piece Junior-Drum-Set ** ** #
This drum is more like a professional drum set. However, it still focuses on kids because of the size. It is reliable, solid and available in different colors.
- Has adjustable sticks
- Include real wood-shells
- The Cymbal arm is adjustable.
- No room for growth
- The boxes do not offer set-up instructions
5. GP Percussion GP55BK 5-Piece-Junior-Drum Set #
This is another outstanding electric drum set that is below $200. It is available in blue and black and full of great sounds to help the kids learn.
- Have tunable drum-heads
- Big than ordinary set for kids
- Have throne and the sticks
- Might be a bit complicated
- The bass drum pedal is fabric
6. 11pc Kids Boy-Girl Drum-Set Musical-Instrument Toy Playset #
This is one of the best electric drum set you can have for your kids. It is colorful and very entertaining.
- Easy and fun to play
- Ideal for kids
- Children-like design
8. Gammon 5-Piece-Junior-Starter-Drum Kit with Cymbals #
The drum set is ideal for every child. With a 5-piece drum kit, your kid can be able to learn and enjoy everything about the drumming.
- Available in different colors
- Might be complicated for young kids
9. Ludwig-Junior-Outfit Drum Set Wine-Red #
This drum has all the features that a kid need. It looks classic and very cool for all beginners.
- Easy to use
- Attractive to motivate beginners, especially kids
- Too small for older kids
10. Mendini by Cecilio 13 Inch 3-Piece Kids/Junior Drum Set #
Good drum set for a decent price.
comes with Round padded height adjustable drum throne
comes with Bass drum pedal
comes with A pair of wooden drum sticks
- cymbal is very small
Why are electric-drum sets popular than Acoustic drum sets?
- Unlike the acoustic drum sets that are big and have numerous materials, electric drums are made to fit in small places. This means they are the best choices for kids.
- Electric drum sets offer more sound variety. With the traditional kits, you can only have the same sound. But is electric is good for people who want to play more several genres of music.
- They make recording easy. It is easier to connect the electronic drum kit to your computer. With the acoustic drum sets, you will need a soundproof room.
- Electric drum sets are good for everyone because they have volume control. You can just the volume the way you want. Things to consider when buying an electric-drum set
If you are planning to buy an electric drum set for the first time, it is wise to do a research before making a final the decision. Below are the most important things you need to consider when buying an electric drum set for your kids.
1. Budget– one main factor to consider is your budget. Fortunately, you can get many quality electric drum sets at a good price.
2. Intention– if your kids love to play the drums, you need to ensure you pick the best quality. High-quality drums will serve them for many years.
3. Drum modules– this is the computer of the brain behind the drums. Ensure the modules you choose have the desired features.
4. Heads– pick a head that has a more natural feeling when you are playing.
5. Drum pads– the other essential factor to look at is the drum pads. Since there are different types of pads, choose according to your preferences.